Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday's Trivial Pursuits

I am full of trivial trivia. I know facts and such that most people could care less about or these facts won't help with the SAT or MCAT.

Anyhoo, I thought it would still be fun to share some of what is in my head.
(if you dare to go there).

DID YOU KNOW...

A cashew is actually NOT a nut? It is a seed grown on the cashew tree.

Peanut butter really does take the sticky out of gum so you can get it out of your hair? (Happened to me when I was about 7 or 8). Better than a hair cut gone awry.

The pilgrims did not have belts or buckles on their clothing because those items were not invented yet? They did have wild turkey though at their feast. (smile)

Many coffee companies use chemicals such as ethyl acetate to remove caffeine from coffee? And about 2-3 percent of caffeine still remains. There are non-chemical methods available so stick with organic coffee and find out what method your favorite company uses.

Clothing companies lie about pant/jean sizes? So if you are happy being a size six, then you might be closer to an eight. --Depressing and annoying, I know!

You are taxed by the government AFTER you die? That means any inheritance you leave your relatives will be taxed and have to go to the government first. So if you left 100,000 and the tax percent was 60% then your family would receive 40,000!! Ludicrous. I am helping to kill the death tax. --You can just keep your money out of a bank, but then it isn't invested to do more for you or your loved ones.

If you heat your eyelash curler with a blow dryer (be careful not to burn) you can make your eyelashes really curl and pop?


OKAY, now it is YOUR turn. Share your family-friendly tidbit, trivia or fun fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...