Tuesday, December 20, 2011

You know you're a mom when...

You know you are a Mom when...

You pick a booger out of your second son's nose because:
a) He tried to blow it out, but it was still there and visible.
b) It was blocking his whole right nostril and you felt bad for him.
c) You were worried you would be one of "those" moms who are labeled as lazy with gross kids.
OR
d) All of the above.

Yes, I admit I did it. Don't worry, being a bit germaphobic, I thoroughly washed my hands.

(Hey, I would NOT pick any other persons' nose other than my little kids and mine)


You know you are a Mom when...


You find your son playing "artist" and painting his poo ALL OVER his crib! Yep, fun stuff. You find yourself gagging while scrubbing, no sand blasting the poop off his little body and giving him two baths. *All salvageable items were placed in hot water in the washer or scoured with tons of bleach.



When you share most of your meal with them.
You say,"I have to go potty" to your mother-in-law.
You act like a fool to get your kid to do something.

AND...you will read one more book, hug one more time, all in the name of loving a child whose very existence makes you wonder what you did before they came into your world!

To my two, precious boys! Mommy loves you so much.


From:

9 comments:

  1. This was a great post! I have gone in for baby boogers quite a few times. I haven't said "I need to go potty" but I have actually referred to myself as Daddy by mistake to people on the phone instead of my name! LOL

    Thank you for sharing and a big thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find myself asking others if they need to go to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I do the grossest stuff thanks to my job as a mom. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also out of habit say, "Excuse us" when I'm out shopping alone. So used to my herd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post.....I think I've done all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww! Yeah, the word potty is now a vibrant part of my vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, kids are so wonderfully gross aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm laughing b/c I said at work the other day, "I'll be back in a minute; I need to go to the pot." I am the essence of professionalism! Sharing my food sometimes is the hard part, a selfishness I desperately want to rid myself of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I've definitely acted like a fool for my kid many times! I've also done a lot of gross things for him too, like putting my hands out to catch vomit just so it doesn't go on the carpet. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...