Friday, March 30, 2012

The Gift of obedience









With a slight green ring in the middle of his precious blue eyes he stares at me and says, "Mom, I love you from here to the moon." He prays, "Dear Jesus, please Jesus, bless mom and dad so they don't get sick like brother and me this week." He is only four. I am in awe.

I was asked, no told to give up my job of teaching 9 years. I squirmed. I wiggled. I didn't want to. I like teaching other people's elementary aged children. I liked where I worked and whom I worked with and this would be hard to give up. I have never been the one who wanted to be a stay at home mom. I always worked. It was my priority and choice. An area I needed to give up control and give to God.

In my reluctant obedience I did. Oh, what a gift.

As I unwrap this present each day I discover a different gift inside: Bonding with my children, changes in my parenting, realizing what needs to be addressed, being able to love and support hubby the way God calls me to...to the way my sweet hubby deserves.

I am enjoying my gift. Thank you, Lord.

8 comments:

  1. Oh how precious it is to see His gift to us in the places we are called to be obedient. I don't think I saw that as clearly before. Thanks so much!
    Visiting from www.mylifeasanadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it has become a gift to you! It's been hard for me to give up some things to be a SAHM--career aspirations, adult interactions, etc. And while I love my "job," sometimes I can forget the gift that it is. It is a HUGE gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for affirming how huge of a blessing and gift it is...many more blessing to you.

      Delete
  3. Obedience is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it? Sometimes it is hard, it is counter-culture, but it is always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a precious gift you've been given. Your sons comment is awesome proof of that. I'm blessed to be stopping by from 5MF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there, done that, and been sooo blessed, too. It's harder in a lot of ways, teaching your own kids at home. Those kids at school don't see you when you're struggling out of bed with a miserable cold and headache, etc. But I never heard any of them tell me "I love you from here to the moon!" either! Love that! Yep, great gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting...it made me feel encouraged and like I wasn't alone. You must have been a teacher I assume?

      Delete
  6. such a gift given as you followed His call and in this call your children and husband have also been gifted. only He knows the true meaning of a gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...