Thursday, March 1, 2012

The "M" word: March

This month, I decided to focus on one thing. I am looking intensely, well, not that intensely at "m" words since March, you know, starts with the letter m. Did that sound like a Sesame Street lesson? Sorry.
So...my first word is March.

Bed and Breakfast cottage in Durango, Co. Taken in March where it was sunny, but everything is still dead. The house kind of looks like the letter M.


This gal wants to march right into spring. But, I am not in control of that.

Sometimes, I am so selfish and want others to march in my step. "March it, march it." Do it this way. In this timing, like this and now.  I give orders more than requests. I need to stop being a sergeant parent. Say it once, turn your back, walk away.

I think I would like to rock more than march.

Marching is so exhausting. Raise knees up. Not walking, but not really jogging. I'd rather ride my bike in circles than march.

I guess marching is really about order, organization and obedience. Unfortunately, I usually march to my own steps. I am not super organized,  not chaotic, but not properly labeled either. 

Somehow though, I need to march occasionally. Traverse deliberately to what needs to be done. To walk with intention when God says, "Do this." Otherwise, I am wandering aimlessly without direction. Like the flag blowing in my distant neighbor's yard, I would be flapping wildly all over the place. Stride with courage.

Luckily, God is not my drill sergeant, but He is my Lord, my Master. I need to carry out His orders not because He will make me do 100 push-ups, but because I am His servant. I was made by Him and for Him with specific purposes that He chose me to do.

He chose me.

 I was not made to traipse my path in a befuddled state.

So let us March on...
"And whatever you do,
whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17

Notice the green text. ;)

2 comments:

  1. love this! I would like to rock more than march, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice reminder of when to March and when to wait.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...