Saturday, March 3, 2012

The "M" word: Mind

Mind: A word of many meanings and phrases. 

You can think you are losing your mind. Sometimes you do. "Mind your own business." You can change your mind. "Do you mind?" "No, I don't mind."  "What's on your mind?" "Mind your manners." Sometimes our mind stutters (affectionately coined as a brain fart). Some of us are said to have more intelligent minds or sharper minds. Often, our minds betray us.

A somewhat invisible trunk of collected and stored thoughts, memories, emotions, perceptions, dreams, imagination, and knowledge. Visible in our behavior and words, but no person can read our mind.

I like to think our mind is never fully complete. Are we not always thinking, learning, reflecting, or remembering?  


If we are Christians, then our minds are like the sign above. With God working to rebuild us from the inside out. God wants to renew our minds, remodel our beliefs, change our attitudes, alter our fleshly thinking so we are more like Him.   
"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good, pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2 NLT


I don't know about you, but my mind is resistant to the above and I find it annoying. I know God's plan is always better than my own. I know the benefits of believing God, listening to God, allowing a renewing of self, but self is persuasive. 

It is said, "Until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change, people will always remain the same." -Anonymous

 Reconstruction is painful, a process for which I rarely volunteer for. 
I am always squirming because it is uncomfortable. Just like the phrase above says, change is more painful.
                --But, it is necessary if I am to ever possess peace, hope, and truth. Needed so I can serve the Father properly. 

Being made righteous is how I love my family better, have healthier relationships, serve the Lord, and fulfill the purposes God has planned for me.  It isn't about being perfect. It's more like a second chance. 

Thank you Lord, that I don't have to stay the same. For the grace and "made new" that you offer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...