Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The "M" word: Mission

*I am continuing my self challenge to blog for at least half of this month. I chose "M" words since it is March.

I am on a mission. 

 I want to live in radical obedience to God. To live the not so nice, clean-plated, all is orderly faith. Saying yes to human impossible missions. Doing that which is beyond me, but trusting God when I know He called me to it.

In my life, I feel like I have short-changed God a lot! Out of fear, low self-esteem (you can call that pride), insecurities, lousy excuses and distrust...I have truly been disobedient. Missing out on so many wonderful heavenly assignments. 

Saying no instead of yes. No, I won't sing in the worship group. No, I don't feel like telling that person about you. No, I don't want to do that or it won't work. No way!

Sometimes I forget how much of an honor it is to be chosen by our Lord to do things for Him. Forgetting my place. I was not created for me and all of my selfish pursuits. I was created for Him. You did not choose me, but I chose you to go and produce fruit that will last...John 15:16

God chose Moses to speak to Pharaoh, Jonah to warn Nineveh, David to slay a Giant and become a King, Jesus chose 12 disciples specifically, and God chose Paul to preach to the world in chains.

My mission might be scary, hard, but I am tired of running. Tired of fear holding me back from serving Yahweh Nissi (yah-WEH nis-SEE) or The Lord My Banner. 

The victory has already been won. The Father will not abandon me in the undertaking He has asked of me. 

My humanness is squirming but, then I remember:
"We need not fear what our obedience will cause in our life. We should only fear what our disobedience will cause us to miss." 
-From What Hapens When Women Say Yes to God
-Lisa TerKeurst

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...