Friday, July 27, 2012

Beyond me...

Writing for five minutes on the word: Beyond  (join us at lisajobaker.com)

Beyond the noise of this world my head still reminds me and my heart hurts. I am still grieving. I don't share it much because everyone else finds comfort that I don't cry or speak about it really, but it gnaws on me daily. I miss them. All of them. I miss that place I was planning to call home. I miss my mommy and wish sometimes I could just lay my head on her lap and cry.

Beyond the lies I tell myself or that are hurled at me...beyond the attacks I am entering a new purpose or season or some other overkill phrase to a purpose I absolutely cannot do without the Lord. I am excited and fearful. I know the bible verses. I know the Lord, but I can't shake the belief that I am never going to really reach my potential in Christ. (I know, a total lie, I know!)

I keep talking out into the air...while I walk the neighbors must think I am nuts. But I have to talk to Him and speak honestly and boldly...LOUDLY say,
                                 "Lord, help me because this is more than beyond me."

6 comments:

  1. "Lord, help me because this is more than beyond me."

    yes. yes. yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our strength comes from Him!! What a great blog title! Coming to you from 5 minute Friday today. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dionne... Thank you for sharing your heart today via FMF. I'm sorry that you are in a tough season, but so thankful that Jesus is right there beside you to help you through it!! Bless you today sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dionne,
    just this week I heard a name for the trash talk in our heads, "devil static"...Lisa Jo quoted it in a post on (in)courage. I understand grieving and loss, and am sorry for your pain. I do know, however, that sometimes "Lord, help me..." is the most powerful prayer we can utter.
    Be encouraged. You are never alone.
    Peace and good.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...