Thursday, September 27, 2012

Homemade friendly spiders and such...


Every year , at my house, my family and I like to look for new ways to decorate for the fall or Halloween using everyday, household objects and or a way to recycle. Not only is this a fun way to involve each family member, but it is less costly and on the "green" side.  So above is a Black Widow like spider  we made a few years ago from black plastic bags and fall leaves...as you can see we have a plethora of leaves in our yard that we didn't rake. We used old wire to help create the legs so they would bend and sit on the tree.



Last year, at our new house, I used milk jugs to create family friendly ghosts. Didn't cost me a thing. Just used a sharpie marker to make the faces and I cut the milk jugs with a utility knife. I used tea candles I already had to light them up. My 4 and 2 year old sons just loved the friendly ghosts. 


Above you can see three more ghost faces...including my bat pumpkin.

My favorite is this turkey picture made with the loving hands of my two boys. I used it as a decoration on my refrigerator.

 I have made leave print place mats, pressed leaves between sheets of wax paper, and put pears in water in a vase.  Just to name a few. :)

I am hoping to be inspired by others blogs today as I am linking up with the SITS girls @ http://www.thesitsgirls.com/community/challenges/back-to-blogging-day-4/

Your turn...

4 comments:

  1. My favorite is the turkey one, too... I love those little handprints. My children are so big now and I still pull out the little "turkey hands" we made when they are small and gush over them. Blessings to you and yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some smart ways to decorate and recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that spider! I have a tree that it would look perfect on! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative Dionne and those spiders actually made me shiver! Not long now till halloween... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...