Saturday, October 13, 2012

31 Days to Grace: (Day 13) Health Matters


I take my health for granted. Period. I wish I didn't. It isn't that I am not grateful. I am. I have had in the 38 years of my life, minor health concerns.  Yes, I have had surgery twice, but it wasn't brain or open heart. Yes, I have had pain, but not every day or even daily. These I speak of are resolved (even if with medication), or there is a solution. More than once, I have been healed.

Who am I that I am allowed this blessing? This grace? It is hard to watch, know or hear of others in such daily pain or inflicted with incurable disease or facing life-threatening surgery.

Somehow, there is grace in being reminded of what we have...being thankful for good health or feeling well when it is present. I am NOT speaking with a, "Oh, thank God it isn't me...sucks to be you attitude." No, that kind of insensitivity is not gratitude at all.
I want to alwaysfully realize how blessed I am. Where my thoughts ponder daily how to take the blessings I have and use those for God.

To not waste the blessings. To sow the seed instead of eating it.

Galatians 6:7,8 ...7You will always harvest what you plant...8But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...