Friday, November 30, 2012

Why I need fruit...why we need fruit

For some reason, I feel like I need to tell you why I need fruit. No, not bananas or strawberries although those two fruits together are scrumptious. I am referring to the kind of fruit that only God can produce.  A divine imprint that human hands did not create.

I need fruit. We need fruit. It reminds us that the one whom we believe in, follow, and obey will reveal his glory.  We want the Lord to show us at least a glimpse of what he is doing. Okay, sometimes it is all that keeps us going when our faith is wobbling. When waiting on God or trusting him is proving difficult. 

I am not saying this with pride, but desire. I want to not only be a part of God's plans for me, but I want to see His work in me, around me and through me. Otherwise, what good am I? This may sound terrible, but I want to be more than just a human taking up space and air.

Moses never entered Canaan, but he brought the Israelites there. He saw God's promise, oath fulfilled (see Deuteronomy 33:48-52 & 34:1-4).
I believe it is okay to long to see God's promises and his work in us.

Here is what fruit can sometimes look like:

Someone who was lonely finds camaraderie.
A child adopted after many struggles to receive them.
Restored relationships.
Someone choosing Christ because you lived out your faith and God used you.
Hope (no explanation needed)
Conquering a sin...where it has no hold on you anymore.
After waiting...the thing you waited on or for happens.
A painful past was given to God and healed.
A restored, redeemed life.
Someone struggling feels supported.
Someone is freed, forgiven, rescued, and or loved.

God's fruit can only come from Him. It is good.
It is hope that we truly are a new creature in Christ, that we are God's handiwork, created in Christ to do good works...(paraphrased by me from Ephesians 2:10) 




1 comment:

  1. I have been doing some ghost writing on this subject. I, too, have found a deep yearning to have God's fruit evident in my life.

    Such a sweet little doctor you have!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...