Saturday, December 22, 2012

A humilated king: #5 (A different story and Merry Christmas)

First, let me say, "Merry Christmas!" This will be my last post until the new year. I hope each of you have a wonderful time with family.

My first ever "Cookie Nativity"

A Humiliated King

Bethlehem was busy and crowded, but only a few people knew our King and Savior was born. The barn stunk, it was cold, scratchy, itchy, raw, but it was a place to lay down and give birth. And Immanuel (God with us) was born and God was physically with us like never before. But, nothing about this "king" fit anyone's understanding of how a king should come into the world. His birthplace, his heritage, well, nothing was right. According to whom?

In my honest opinion, if Jesus had come into the world the way the world expected, then where would faith come in? Without faith, we would just follow whatever seems good and comes easy.

The fact that Jesus is so contrary is what makes me believe in him even more. His humble beginnings shows us a humble God. And Jesus did not come the way he fully deserved.  Oh, how much Jesus really sacrificed. He came with nothing and left with nothing, but our sins.

Christians are the only people who serve a God whose Son endured complete humiliation, mockery and cruelness...
ALL to say, "I love you, I forgive you, and I will sacrifice my life just to be with you." 


Merry CHRISTmas!


 

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, friend ... I love your cookie nativity. :) See you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, friend.

    Each year I am surprised over and over by the story of Jesus. I love that our faith actually requires faith. It's not easy, but yes, it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dionne I finally get back on and you're going on break! I understand though! I hope you and your family have a lovely time celebrating the birth of OUR King! Send me your address if you will I would love to send you a "late" Christmas card. Hey at least they're ordered! Love you my dear friend and think of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you nativity cookies look fabulous!!!
    Merry Christmas! be blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...