Sunday, January 6, 2013

My past One Word and not a new word I want...

Last year, my one word was:









It wasn't a new word to me, but my season of life last year was all about letting go of possessions, ideas, and patterns that were master over me. In other words, change needed to take place. I had also truly handed over portions of my life that I didn't even realize I was controlling or hanging onto. I worship the only true Master of my life, the Lord Jesus, and that worship deepened as well as my relationship with Him the more I focused on that word. 

My new word? Let's just say I'm not thrilled about this one. I think you'll understand when you see it.

Okay so our one word doesn't necessarily describe our character, but any seasoned Christian knows what comes with this word: stretching, trials, growth...all good really, but not easy. NO, I am not new to this, unfortunately I know how weak I really am, but it isn't like I want to write about it.
Yet, over and over God uses the weak. I believe that when we are not feeling capable and confident, then God can mold and change us. His power is far more evident. My humanness won't get in the way or take the glory as easily (and hopefully not at all). Pride is unholy and God detests it. So if I really want to be God's servant, finding joy in being a part of his purposes, I have to be willing to heed and trust the Master. I choose to not make this life of mine well, mine...
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 2 Corinthians 5:15 NIV
                                  

As NickelBack's line says, "each day's a gift and not a given right..." And I wonder how different the world would be everyone followed that way of thinking (NOT Nickelback's, but that each day is a gift and can be more abundant with a true savior who loves us...Christ).
       
Okay, so the weak part? I've already seen it. I have been sick since Dec. 22nd with a cold turned ear infection/perforated eardrum to a full blown bacterial sinus infection. Not fun, ya know. However, I discovered how hard it is to be physically weak; I was forced to give up control of it. There was nothing I could do. Days were spent on the couch literally. I gave into the thinking that life wouldn't fall apart if I chose to truly rest my body and my head and heart. To not let the world dictate anything. To focus on getting well and enjoying my family. Thank goodness for antibiotics (I have been feeling well since Jan. 4th), but I have missed this non-agenda, s-l-o-w-e-r life with my family!

So, although weakness can mean many things, I admit that this word made me wince in light of past trials and such. But, if I am to be all that God wants me to be (and I desire that), I have to expect and welcome growth. Welcome the learning.

So I will focus on this verse to bring encouragement...
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV


4 comments:

  1. I love working out of my strength, but God does such cool things when I admit and work from weakness. God must have some cool things in store for you.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dione well done. I'm a bit late to this game, only having heard about the One Word idea a few days ago. I'm working on my word and there's a glaringly obvious one that I'm resisting... I want a triumphant word like 'Shine!' or 'Hope!' (preferably including the exclamation mark) but I suspect that He has another plan.
    Thanks for your honesty and openness. I'm glad I'm doing this journey with you and I can't wait to find out what the year holds.
    May God bless your willingness to learn. I know that He will. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dionne, What a beautiful word and testimony of this scripture. I will definitely be praying for complete physical healing for you and that you would learn to be weak in Jesus so that He may be strong in you! I love your heart, dear sister!
    Alesha <3
    aleshablessed.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely feeling weak right now as I'm at home battling the flu.

    Epiphany is my word for 2013. I'm excited to see God revealed in new ways in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...