Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sad, where I am strong is where I am weak too.

I am not sure what the problem is I just know that I feel sad. Okay, I know a little...

Change. I feel it coming. See this is where I am strong and yet, where I am weak at the same time. Does this not contradict? If you don't know me well, this is typical. I tend to clash myself. I am a Gemini. No, I don't believe in that literally, but I seriously am divided in certain areas of my life.

Change=weak=strong.
Here's why:
I like change because it makes life interesting. It keeps me from 
feeling bored. It can be exciting and adventurous. It means God is about to reveal a piece of his plan or use me.
Then, the other side of me loathes it. Words such as transition, new, waiting, loneliness,
unfamiliarity, and out-of-your-comfort zone come to mind and I want to run away 
with fingers in ears.

That last line seriously shows my bratty, scared kid side. Oh, well, my blog is all about being real and raw so at least I am keeping up with that huh?

I am sad because one of the changes that is coming isn't actually about me, but it affects me. It hurts.
Then, there is the change I can't stop or hold onto that is dangling in front of my face and taunting me. There's change that is about sacrifice and it is necessary, but it doesn't make it easy.

I need the Father to really hold my head and heart. I ask the Father to hold those whom the change is affecting far greater than me. I am praying for God sized courage and enthusiasm as I fasten my seat belt once again for this ride called, life.

What about you? What do you do with change that is inevitable? What changes do you feel weakest? Where do you feel strong?

Linking up at Soli Deo Gloria

3 comments:

  1. i feel like dealing with change is a huge challenge of mine. It is just not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am EXACTLY the same way!!!! I'm a gemini too...and as my daughter told me a couple weeks ago she wanted to go on an adventure I thought "oh boy!" then I thought "OH BOY!" Turns out the adventure is the new school but still....change...yuck then yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind the "seasons of life" changes, like moving to a new place or the boys growing up and eventually leaving the nest. Even losing loved ones has not shaken me too badly so far. Death is part of life in a fallen world, and we all have to go through grief.

    But "detour" changes like losing a job in a down market, dealing with a debilitating injury or illness... well, those are harder for me. They bring a very real grief too. The grief over life as it was, life as it seemed it should be. Trust and the sacrifice of thankfulness have helped me through those transitions.

    The Lord bless you, Dionne.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...