Wednesday, July 24, 2013

When someone needs to stand in the gap on behalf of and you are willing.

There's someone I know who is in deep trouble. 
Someone who needs help, but isn't asking. Like a large hole in an airplane where the pressure is pulling everything and everyone with it...is the kind of trouble where someone needs to stand in the gap on behalf of and I am willing.

As a matter of fact, I am more than willing. I strongly desire to see this person changed so much so that it has cost me emotional pain, but I won't give up. It is worth it because trusting and living in relationship with God is worth it...to see God move...to see this someone's anger and pride lessened with joy and humility instead ignites determination down to my core.

As Moses interceded for the Israelites when they sinned greatly against the Lord (Exodus 32:30-32 NIV), I intercede daily for this person. Mostly, I pray for a changed heart. I am not Jesus, the one who atoned our sins...I cannot save this person from their trouble. 

I can only beg God to give this individual an undivided heart and put a spirit in him; remove the heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh-Ezekiel 11:19 NIV

   image borrowed from http://www.jacksmithprophecy.org

2 comments:

  1. Praying for this person and blessings on you for being willing to stand in the gap.Those people seem to be more few and far between these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dionne, may God bless your open heart and continue to give you wisdom about how to pray for your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...