Friday, November 8, 2013

The Truth is...I Peck back



When life is pecking me like a relentless bird, I peck back.

Ever notice how much easier it is to be angry, impatience, selfish, ungrateful, withdrawn, etc. when something or someone attacks or fails you? I find this to be most true during times when I don’t have control over a situation or a person.   Suddenly, life is pecking me like a relentless bird and I peck back…and all I am left with is a bunch of regretful holes; Holes to try to fill and cover and patch up like the pecking didn’t happen. No one looks fashionable wearing holes labeled, “I dropped the ball here,”  “I yelled like a mad woman,” “ lost control that day,” or “I was truly only thinking of myself in that moment.” Anyone relate?
            Sometimes it is much harder to practice grace, humility, patience, thankfulness and forgiveness. Often it is just a pride issue. It isn’t fun to admit failure. Yet, for me it can be something else other than pride. I find it is often the condition of my heart and head. A choice to do the temporary thing (yell, beg, withdraw, control) on my own to fix or modify someone or a situation.
However, the best option comes down to handing over my ugly behavior, my problems and other’s behaviors and choices to the only one who is trustworthy and has the power to change or fix it, our Lord Jesus.  When I rely on God to help me, to solve all the hiccups of life, I find he always does. Even if it isn’t how I would handle it, I know God knows what is best for me and he has a way of redeeming even the small things in my life.  What a comfort, what a peaceful and hopeful feeling God gives (something I believe ever person craves) when I put my faith and my whole life in his trustworthy hands!

3 comments:

  1. It's so much easier to withdraw and get angry when things don't go my way or turn out like I've planned. I'm def in this season right now. I needed the reminder to do the hard thing and be thankful and give my circumstances to God. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your sweet comment at my place. It is truly appreciated! Thank you for your prayers. May you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...