Friday, March 23, 2012

I want to be loud...

Today, it is time to write for five-minutes. No editing, backtracking, etc. The word is loud. Go...

Sometimes I am NOT loud enough. I tend to trail off somewhere between others more important statements and my wanting to be heard, but don't interrupt. Don't repeat. Obviously they weren't listening.

 Sometimes I am too loud. Yelling to get my point across, to release my anger. Sad that I have to get there. I come by it honestly. I was raised in a home with "yellers" who rarely spoke softly. Our home wasn't calm. I am demanding to be heard because I want to know that what I have to say matters.

Oh, the search for significance wears many costumes. I am guilty of dressing in a few. 

Maybe if I (fill in the blank) then I will feel like I matter, if I am thin enough, smart enough, do enough. 

But...that is changing. I am replacing the costumes with the Lord's love and truth. Yelling less. Letting go of the need to always be heard or understood. Extending grace to the ones who aren't there yet.

I want to be loud for God instead, but not with yelling. With my life. Where the world hears Him instead of me.




9 comments:

  1. Don't we all! Good job. I really like your site too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this Dionne!! So much!
    I am the opposite...and am really quiet. But I'm working toward the same thing...to be heard for the Lord!

    Have a great weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! I feel like I can relate with just about everything you wrote. No more yelling and letting go the need(want)to always be heard ...instead letting my love for God, my lifestyle be oone that reflects Jesus be 'loud'
    Blessings:o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, yes, the need and the want to always be heard is right for me. Thank you for the kind comment and for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful post. Love the idea of being loud with our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! I had to stop by after Lisa Jo said this was one of her favorites from last week. I can see why!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from 5mF...wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, the last paragraph is sheer perfection! "... loud for God... but not with yelling. With my life. Where the world hears Him instead of me."
    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...