Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Mother's Day dream...

It's Thursday and Mama Kat has inspired my writing addiction once again...
          Here's Prompt #5: The perfect Mother's Day consists of...
 Well, this is a two part day. One is dripping in lack of reality while the other one could actually happen, no, really

The perfect Mother's Day consist of...
  
Sleeping in with no alarm, a full fat breakfast consisting of crepes from Dream Cafe and afterwards, a Hazelnut Latte from the oh so infamous coffee place. Only I tell them not to make it too sweet and add an extra shot of Espresso...I want to taste the warm bean and all of it's caffeine glory!
 
I sip this coffee, relaxing and reading a good book. 
Then, off to a get a manicure and pedicure since I prefer someone else to make my nails sparkle. Because I leave such an impression, the day spa would throw in a hour massage for free. Did I mention that I would have unlimited access throughout the day to any kind of chocolate I want?

I would get to see my best friend and we would go sketch and do art and then after lunch, throw some eggs (long story for another time).

My family (two sons under 5 and sweet hubby) misses me so much that when I get home their is a banner on the front lawn saying, "You are the best wife/mom in the whole wide world." 
They have loving provided Gerbera Daisies in a glass vase, Pizza from Pulcinella and Blue Bell ice cream (Texas' best) for dessert.

(Now that was the reality part, really)

The perfect Mother's Day consist of...
          My mom being here. Alive and well, and able to meet her grandchildren. To hear her tell me how I am a good mom. How I am raising two sweet, precious boys who are so funny and spirited.
How my youngest looks just like me and she adores his dimples the way she adored mine. She always bragged about my tiny wrists and hands to even strangers.
   If I could tell her I've missed her and say, "Happy Mother's Day, mom." I know that would bring me joy. She was far from perfect and known to hurt my feelings more than I wanted. At times, I didn't understand her, but she was my mommy and always will be.

If you wrangle and add this entire post from my blog...Now, that WOULD be the perfect Mother's Day. 

 

11 comments:

  1. That sounds delightful. I just don't want to do ANY mothering whatsoever.

    I'm sorry about your mom. Last Mother's day, no joke, I spent part of it laying on my friends mother's grave laughing until we cried. And then crying a lot. You do what you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to pay closer attention... and just maybe you will hear your mom saying those things to you. Maybe not in a conventional way, but nonetheless. It breaks my heart thinking about my future kiddos not having the opportunity to know my parents, so I can't even imagine. This Mother's day, I am going to be thinking of YOU, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your non-reality day. I feel guilty, but it would be great to have the day alone while being pampered.

    Very sweet about your mom. I have the same feelings on father's day about my dad. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Mother's Day. Hope it comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK you had me at "throwing eggs" that just sounds kinda awesome.

    I have a feeling even though this is the first post of yours I've read that your mom IS proud of you. Even if she can't tell you herself.HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tear came to my eye.... thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both sound like great days! But that last one especially... it reminds me not to take my mom's presence in my life for granted. A good reminder, especially with Mother's Day approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those both sound like wonderful Mother's Days :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm.....Coffee and chocolate....Sounds like my kind of day! =)

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I loved what you wrote for the second part and it puts everything else in perspective. Praying God brings special delight your way this Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dionne, loved what you wrote about your mom...just wanted to share a blog post I wrote about my mom...
    http://bethwillismiller.blogspot.com/2011/03/comfort-measures-only.html

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...