Writing for 5 minutes using the word vivid as my subject. From:
5 meanings for the word and I am gonna try to write about all of them.
1. Snow is the whitest white I know. Sometimes when I see it sparkle in the sun I am reminded of how my understanding of Jesus is...a pure sparkle, a hope, beautiful, Savior to the world.
2. The Painted Bunting (a bird everyone should see) is the most brilliant of birds I have seen. Every color of the rainbow seems to exist on this bird. Blue, red, green and even a hint of indigo blaze on this bird. Only the males possess such coloring, but it is one of the most delightful creatures to me.
3. I have never been a big fan of vivid accounts of hard, disturbing things, but mine is the like that unfortunately! I was in the passenger seat on Halloween night when my friend and I saw a young man on the side of the road waving us down. He had been in an accident. He looked as if he was wearing a mask. He WAS NOT. He lost one eye. His face mangled like road kill and blood was everywhere. I held his hand. I don't know if he survived.
4. Sometimes memories are a curse. Especially uncomfortable or painful ones! Like the time my dad said my thinking was futile. Nice, huh? I am still taking that memory captive to the Lord.
5. I have always been told I have a vivid imagination at times. I think children are better at it though. I do think of things pretty quickly. Like what if we all had purple hair, horns on our heads and possessed one magic power? What would the world be like then?
Vivid...what a great word.