Wednesday, March 20, 2013

One Word 365 "Weak" update

My word for this year is weak. Mostly a negative word in our society. A label to run away from unless you are choosing humility and obedience to God.
 
Just look at the different meanings for weak...not desirable, huh?

1. Lacking physical strength, energy, or vigor; feeble.
2. Likely to fail under pressure, stress, or strain; lacking resistance: a weak link in a chain.
3. Lacking firmness of character or strength of will.
4. Lacking the proper strength or amount of ingredients: weak coffee.
5. Lacking the ability to function normally or fully: a weak heart.
6. Lacking aptitude or skill: a weak student; weak in math.
7. Lacking or resulting from a lack of intelligence.
8. Lacking persuasiveness; unconvincing: a weak argument.
9. Lacking authority or the power to govern.
10. Lacking potency or intensity: weak sunlight.
Other than #4 or #10...at some point in my life, I have exhibited each of those. I find it easy to admit I am weak when I want hubby or some male to use his God-given-more-muscle-mass for times where I am hard put to open the pickle jar.  
Yet-
Right now, I am weak...defeated in areas where I am needing victory. Areas I can't pour out here because it is too private...areas where I need God's divine intervention-NOW. Okay, I know that sounded demanding, but I can't help it. Is there anything wrong with wanting to see God change you radically sooner rather than later?  And I wonder when or how the victory will come. 
Yes, I feel His grace even as I type these words. And maybe, just maybe, one of these areas is like the thorn that Paul agonized over...the thorn to keep me dependent-no matter what, on God. My brain deliberates this and my heart receives comfort as the Lord delicately reminds me of his unconditional love. Weak in Him is a warm nest under a large wing.

5 comments:

  1. I've been browsing online greater than three hours as of late, yet I never found any fascinating article like yours. It's pretty value
    enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you
    probably did, the net will likely be much more useful than ever before.


    Also visit my blog post :: http://www.by.dreamhosters.com/status/lilalaroc/all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honesty, Dionne. I think 'Weak' is an amazing word for the year and I just know that God will honour your courage. He's at work and as you pointed out, He works best when we're too weak to keep sticking our oar in and trying to turn things around our way. It's just that His timing isn't anything like ours. Hmmph.
    My word for this year is 'Heal' and there's so much that I need Him to heal that I haven't even had the guts to write about my word yet, and it's nearly the end of March! I know that He is at work but so far it feels more like God picking off long-established scabs than bringing healing. Attitudes, relationships, old, old wounds and stuff I never even realised was hurt.
    Maybe it's a word for a year for a reason. Three months in and I'm more messed up than I was, but I'm in it for the full 12 months.
    Walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dionne, your last line is the one I'll carry with me today-- "Weak in Him is a warm nest under a large wing." Thanks for the beautiful reminder. Praying HIS STRENGTH over you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post really resonates with me! Especially as weakness seems to have pervaded my life (your definitions #1 & #2)for the last six weeks. Through Christ my comfort overflows...weakness is worth the beauty of being completely dependent on Him, receiving and cherishing His grace, and walking closer to Him. Then, He makes us strong. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is in our weakness that he is made strong....so the surpassing greatness is of him and not us. (II Corinthians 12:10). Truly. Hang in there, Dionne...under his wing in your nest, letting him feed you.
    It's hard to wait for change--we want to be different NOW--that sounds so familiar. You're in a good place; Dionne, dependent is good.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...