Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 Days to Grace (Day 9): When She Hurts


 When she hurts, I hurt.

I can't tell you what is hurting her. I won't even tell you her name. What I can tell you is that she is a dear friend and in the midst of horrific news I left her. Not because I wanted to, but I had no choice. I don't live near her anymore. I had to drive home with a heavy heart. I prayed for her with tears. I held her hand before I drove off and tried to extend some form of grace. I sputtered words of sorrow. Told her that no matter what happened that God loved her...to remember that...I prayed while gaining 200 extra miles on my car. I begged for mercy.

What was even more cruel was that at first there was hope that what seemed to be was not going to be and I thanked the Lord. Shortly before I arrived home, the dreaded news came a second time.
Twice? The same news twice. Why?

I can only imagine the thoughts, the whys, the questions and the pain of my friend. I have never experienced this before. I have no idea how it really affects her.
 I only know how to pray and listen. I can't fix this and it tears me apart to feel and hear her heart breaking. 

Lord, I don't understand your plan for my friend. I don't even know what to pray. Please hold her as she grieves. Help her to hold onto your promises and most importantly to you.

Linking up today with  the SDG awesome bloggers @www.findingheaventoday.com

7 comments:

  1. Our prayers can go where we cannot - and your prayers ministered to her, held her more closely than you know. She is blessed to have a friend lifting her up - that's what standing in the gap is all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very encouraging words...and for lifting me up with them.

      Delete
  2. I am praying similar prayers for a young friend right now. It is sweet and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that sounds incredibly hard. Hang in there and keep trying to support her and take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what news you had to tell your friend, but I do know you were a good one to tell her--because your heart is breaking with hers. She is blessed to have you as a friend, one who doesn't withhold important information even if it is hard, and one who prays all the while before and after. Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend is very blessed to be able to have you pray for her and encourage her, both while you could be with her and through distance. I think she knows and feels your love and support, because God works through YOU in incredible ways, Dionne! I know you will be - and you already are - instrumental in helping her through her difficult time.

    In my experience, close friendships are such a blessing because just having your friend in your life makes the hardest things - and the best things - better. You're a part of each other, through words, silence, prayer, intercession, and even distance.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...