Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days To Grace: (Day 15) Not just a piece of peace


I am not what one would call a pie maker. Okay, pumpkin pie is one I have made and it was more than edible, but it wouldn't win any contests. And I would never be praised for the times I have made humble pie and swam in it. Now, if someone came around with peace pie I would take a slice even though it is tempting to want this pie all to myself. I mean who doesn't like peace?

  I didn't grow up with peace. I never voted to be raised in lots of chaos, but at times that's what it was. I was a shy, meek child who wanted us just to all get along, but yelling, gossiping, worrying and lack of forgiveness abounded in my home.
 My family believed in God, but didn't know His peace. I think they rarely even took a piece of His peace.

Can anyone else relate? When things seem crazy, uncontrollable, or even dangerous...it seems easier to just run in the opposite direction screaming, "The sky is falling! Run!" Or in some cases, to stand ones ground with attitude and fists. But, this is not God's plan for humanity. 

God promises so many times in his word that we are to take refuge in him when life is crazy. He is sovereign or in control of it all. We are to seek him and receive his wisdom when we need direction. We are to rest in His peace.

Moses understood this very well..."Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God and I trust him." Psalm 91:1-2 NLT

When we trust God, we can take more than a piece of peace pie...we can live in peace. We can know peace.  
This is a part of God's grace to us: peace
It is a great gift. Jesus said, "27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 NIV

The more times I have handed God control of all parts of my life, the more peace pie I have learned to enjoy. I don't have to wonder if it will be my last piece because there is a great pie maker whose peace pie recipe I can access any time...so I don't have to be stingy.

Your turn...Tell me your thoughts on peace and have you enjoyed peace pie lately? 

Linking up with:http://www.findingheaventoday.com/

5 comments:

  1. :) Perfect! God was just telling me to be a woman of Peace... and then I clicked over here... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated you for a bloggy award!
    Come over to www.onepartjoyonepartcircus.com to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that in the midst of chaos and stress, our GOD desires to give us His Peace which surpasses all our understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never thought of God as a pie maker ... but I will now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never ending pie--I'll take a piece of God's peace any day!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...